American Subcontractors Association Michigan
October 2011 General Membership Meeting
An audience of 47 attended ASAM's October General Membership meeting, featuring another in its series of Construction Advancement Forums. A seven-member panel representing Elzinga & Volkers Construction Professionals shared insights and advice from the construction industry. On the panel were:
- Mike Novakoski (President and CEO)
- Joe Novakoski (VP of Project Management, Sr PM)
- Brandon Britton (Senior Estimator)
- Tony Roussey (VP of Operations)
- Doug Eddy (Field Manager; Project Superintendent)
- John Parker (Project Manager, Director of Marketing & Business Development)
- Julie DeNooyer (Marketing Coordinator)
Mike Novakoski, President and CEO, summed up the company's philosophy in three words: “Listen, solve, satisfy.” At Elzinga & Volkers, he said, “We listen to our clients, provide innovative solutions, and deliver the highest satisfaction.”
Elzinga & Volkers is an employee-owned company still operating out of its original address, where it began in 1945.
Novakoski said that the company stresses employee-centered management practices. “Without having the very best employees, we're just another contractor,” he said. “What makes us uniquely different than our competition is our people.”
Highlights of the presentation can be found in the members section.