American Subcontractors Association Michigan
January 2012 General Membership Meeting
Representing Skanska USA at an ASAM Construction Advancement Forum on January 11 were Ryan Mattson, Project Superintendent, and Brian Schrems P.E., Project Manager LEED. There were 45 in attendance to hear their presentation.
Skanska has more than 7,000 employees and 35 office locations in this country.
- U.S. operations represent 31% of company's global construction revenue ($4.8 billion in 2010).
- Skanska has had a Michigan presence since 1939; offices in Portage and Southfield.
- Employing 100 construction professionals in Michigan.
- Most of our presence in Michigan is in Construction management.
- Offers general contracting, design-build and pre-construction services.
- “There's not really a project that we can't handle here in West Michigan.”
- Projects include: Battle Creek public schools, Gun Lake Casino, Kalamazoo Air traffic control tower, Sam Adams Elementary.
Highlights of the presentation can be found in the members section.